Unlike most photographers I didn’t grow up wanting to be a photographer since I was like five… I have always liked taking pictures but I really didn’t fall in love with it until my daughter was born and then she became the main subject in all my pictures but as soon as I stepped into the world of SLR’s, I knew there was no turning back. I absolutely love my camera and I love editing pictures too. I tend to spend more time editing then actually clicking away. I never really thought about being a photographer until I got my first SLR and then people asked me to take pictures for them and offered to pay me so I figured that I could turn something I LOVE into something more. I had my first official photo session November 1st of 2011 and I know that I have improved and changed a lot since then. I’m always learning new things.
On another note: after being a photographer for just 6 months I had my first image published!! Yup that’s right, I’m officially a PUBLISHED PHOTOGRAPHER !!! My first image was published on page 83in the June 2012 edition of Canadian Living Magazine and image publication in Elite Child Magazine Winter Edition 2012 on page 26 and (personal) article publication in Elite Child Magazine Winter Edition 2012 on page 26 & 27.
I’m based in London, Ontario but I am originally from a small town although you’d never know it!
Some random things about me…
* i prefer to call myself an Artist as opposed to a photographer ~ i like the way it sounds & i like that no one in my area does it !!! *
* i’m a full time mom to five (yes, 5!) incredible, smart, funny, loving, caring & unique children *
* i absolutely love Starbucks and rarely go a day without having my venti, extra hot, no foam, skinny cinnamon dolce latte! *
* i love animals especially my kitty witty *
* my cell phone is usually within arms reach… it’s a necessity *
* tattoos are another obsession of mine… i’m currently working on half a sleeve and more to come! *
* my favourite type of jeans are (skinny) coloured ones… i have quite the collection going on *
*my favourite colours are black, white & purple *
* i use to scrapbook & make cards but i don’t have time anymore *
* meeting new people makes me nervous – strange, i know! *
* i hate typing “properly”, i’d rather not have to use the shift key *
* my husband is the smartest person i know… he created this website for me… he’s amazing!! *
* i’m a vegetarian *
* i don’t usually dot my i’s *
*i love. love. love my TOMS & Hunter boots *
* i mostly wear jeans & shirt… i don’t wear sweat pants and you’ll probably never catch me in a dress *
* i don’t have a favourite subject to photograph… currently i just photograph families & children but i really want to branch out and become a fashion photographer!! *
My family & friends have been so supportive and have encouraged me to “Live My Dream” no matter what people say and I’m loving being a photographer and I’m looking forward to learning more and growing as well.
Thank you to my family, friends & clients for all your love & support, it means the world to me !!!